THE GOOGLE BEACH
For the past 6 years Google (working with SET Live) had engaged the Cannes Lions audience with an open, fun and inspiring experience on a beach - something they wanted to do again. However, research showed that only 10% of this audience had an influence on actual spend - how can we reach both audiences?
The YouTube Beach - a space dedicated to celebrating the brand's place in popular culture, but also capable of hosting smaller, more intimate and targeted activity for "the 10%". Featuring demos, lightning talks, meeting spaces, a range of live entertainment & invite only events throughout the week.
- 11,500 attendees across the week (+17% on 2015)
- More than 2,000 product demos delivered
- 12 Lightening Talks for 1,600 attendees
- More than 1,000 privately invited guests from WPP, Publicis Groupe & the Dentsu
- Aegis Network
- A total social media reach of 2.3M impressions
- User Generated Content to 260,000 social users